Information for lenders
N.C. Loan Participation Program
See a list of participating lenders.
Download business owner's guide.
The N.C. Loan Participation Program helps lenders make more business loans. The program is designed for terms loans of $250,000 to $5 million that have a shortfall in collateral or cash flow coverage or raise other underwriting concerns.
By purchasing up to 20 percent of an eligible loan, the program allows you to reduce your risk while extending credit to eligible businesses.
The N.C. Loan Participation Program is open to lenders that participate in the N.C. Capital Access Program. Enrollment is easy.
Lenders that work with the Loan Participation Program appreciate our dedication to fast decisions and procedural ease. The process:
- A signed master participation agreement covers the responsibilities of both the lender and the Rural Center.
- The lender indentifies the loans.
- The lender shares underwriting analysis with the Rural Center.
- The Rural Center evaluates credit and issues a commitment to buy a stake in the loan.
- The lender closes the loan and sells a position to the Rural Center.
- The lender keeps all its standard fees. There are no additional fees to use this program.
- The lender services the loan and shares proportional debt payments with the Rural Center
Sign up today
Western North Carolina
Tony Johnson, Senior Director, Business Development
Eastern North Carolina
Brooks Batchelor, Associate Director, Small Business Credit Initiative
Central North Carolina
Tom Wall, Associate Director, Small Business Credit Initiative
N.C. Rural Economic Development Center
4021 Carya Drive
Raleigh, NC 27610